Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Goals/Resolutions

It's a new year. Here are my goals to help me be a happier healthier person.

  1. Wake up at 5 am- 6 days per week I want to be able to get my workouts done before my kids
    get up.
  2. Pay off debt- I have specific plans on that, but most people will probably find them boring.
  3. Run 4 fun races this year with friends or family- Because exercise is more enjoyable when you do it with someone you care about.
  4. Keep up my good grades- I like my GPA where it is, and I want to maintain it. Keep doing my homework. Keep reading my textbooks.
  5. Take a vacation with my family- Take a few weekend getaways or day trips too. Make some good memories with my kids. 
  6. Keep up the good exercise/eating habits that I have developed over the past few months- I've made some great changes to my habits in the past little while, now I need to MAINTAIN.
  7. Try a new exercise program or two.- I'm going to try the 21 Day Fix. I've heard good things about it and it looks fun. And sometimes you need to mix up your workouts to prevent boredom. (Plus it's on sale this month.) This will help me do #6. And if anyone wants to join me, it's going to be AWESOME.
  8. Get rid of stuff-  We have too much stuff. Last year I had 2 yards sales, sold stuff online, gave away mounds of stuff, donated mounds of stuff. We still have too much stuff, we need to cut it down. It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate with 3 kids. I plan to get rid of toys and clothes that the kids have outgrown and get rid of things that are boxed up and we don't use. The less stuff we have, the easier it will be to keep our place clean.
  9. Read 25 books- I'll count audio books for that too.
  10. Continue to volunteer at my kids school- I started doing this in November because my oldest was getting bullied and I wanted to be aware and involved in what was happening in the class room. Then my middle child felt left out so I started going to his class too. It seems like a simple thing for me to be there helping their teachers, but I have found that it is really important to my kids. I want to make sure that I set aside an hour each week so I can keep doing this, plus it's fun. :)
  11. Take time everyday to be grateful for something. Last November, many things in my life were not going my way and I did not have the best attitude about it. So I thought I would jump on the Facebook wagon and share something that I was grateful for, and it really helped my attitude. I really felt better when I was focusing on the good instead of inwardly grumbling about the bad.
So there we go. I may tweak some of these, but that is my plan for the year, more or less.  I think 2015 is going to be a great year. What are YOUR goals and plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment